Concussion / Post-Concussion Syndrome
In only 10 days, our patients see an average of 75% improvement in symptoms including: mental fog, fatigue, dizziness, poor balance, light/sound sensitivity, anxiety and depression. Due to our comprehensive approach and customized at-home treatment plans, these changes are sustained with continued improvements after leaving Revive.
Concussion Video Testimonial
Our Approach to Concussion Treatment
Revive has developed a multidisciplinary approach to treating concussion/post-concussion syndrome that is unlike any other facility in the world. Not only do we offer the most robust suite of advanced neurological therapies in the world, but our dedicated, diverse team of medical professionals utilizes a collaborative environment to optimize the healing of each patient.
This is a place of transformational medicine, where you receive the most advanced therapies in neurological rehab in addition to comprehensive education about the 3 key pillars of your recovery: neurology, metabolic function, and psychology.
Video Walkthrough of The Revive Process
Revive's Treatments for Concussion
Click to expand and learn more.
Revive offers the most advanced therapies and the largest variety of treatment modalities in the world, leading in Neurological Recovery and Optimization.
Neurological Therapy Modalities
– Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS)
– Eye Therapy
– Electrical Stimulation (ReBuilder, SSEP)
– Functional Movement Therapy
– Rotational Therapy (GyroStim)
– Cold Laser Therapy
– Sensory Motor Integration (SMI)
– Meditation / Breathing Coaching
– Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
Why are our Concussion/PCS Patients healing?
We utilize research-based diagnostics to evaluate function in specific areas of the brain, informing a customized treatment plan for each patient. Looking at eye movements, motor function, sensory function, cranial nerves, cognitive function, balance, and gait allows us to better understand which areas have been affected by the concussion(s). This allows us to develop a treatment plan that targets those regions and networks to make them stronger and more efficient.
Beyond the neurological system, there are many factors that can impact the presentation of mTBI: the immune system, hormone levels, diet, sleep, mindset and stress (to list a few). By integrating the knowledge of the brain and the influence of these factors, we can restore the body to an optimal environment to create lasting neurological changes.
Your treatment plan is designed specifically for you and your brain’s needs.
Patients see measurable improvement during their time in our office and continue to make gains once they leave. To help ensure success on your journey of healing, we create and define a plan for you when you go home. Our goal is to see each patient continue to build upon the initial results they achieved in our office.
My first blow to the head, that came hand in hand with another as a buy-1-get-1 free promo, was 2 years ago in a soccer match. I brushed them off, with the most severe consequence being chronic vertigo.
My third blow was a few months ago (also soccer) in April of 2019, that was a fun one which came with light & noise sensitivity, a lot more vertigo, headaches, insomnia, depression, concentration issues, mood swings, an array of top-of-the-shop concussion symptoms.
A few rides down the life-loathing slope and naturally, my survival instincts began to kick in, and I made it my mission to find a treatment center that went beyond your typical “all you can do is rest now” approach.
And alas, came “Revive Treatment Centers” with its 5-star reviews and patient testimonials, so here I am, at the end of my journey with them, writing my own.
This team was exactly that, a TEAM, a warm-hearted, welcoming, brilliant, professional TEAM. Which I cannot reiterate enough, how super important it is to have one for a concussion treatment.
From day one, they’ve implemented comprehensive assessment tools, including lab testing, balance & eye testing on OBJECTIVE equipment with exact graphs and results, neurological testing, neurobehavioral/psychiatric testing.
They were able to pinpoint exactly what part of my brain was compromised AND if my body, for any reason wasn’t supporting my healing such as due to viral loading or vitamin deficiencies etc.
Then, they begin addressing each part, and tackled them one by one, using top-grade equipment and therapists, dietary consults, and an I.V. suite which basically takes out all the garbage from your body & repairs DNA! At the end of it all they reassess and communicate all the results.
I’ve never felt better in my life, even before the TBIs. My vertigo is virtually gone, no headaches, no depression, no insomnia. They didn’t just help heal my concussion; they saved my life.
And to add a stevia-sweetened-gluten-and-dairy-free frosting on top, they have a 3 month follow up program for their patients no matter where they live. Why? Because quite frankly my dears, they give a da**.
“I have had 4 concussions, that I know of, and my last one happened 10 months ago. After months of not feeling right, and extreme nausea 24/7, I decided to give Revive Treatment Center in Denver a try, on the suspicion that I had PCS (Post Concussive Syndrome). Within a few hours of Day 1 of treatment, I had a better understanding of what was going on in my brain and why I was feeling the way I was (finally!!). The doctors immediately jumped into action and developed a plan for the next 9 days. By day 3, the nausea that I suffered with for 6 months, was gone! I learned so much during treatment about my PCS and how I can battle the symptoms.
The 10 day treatment has returned the “function” to my life and I cannot be more grateful to the entire Revive staff for their help. I now have a plan for the rest of my life and have absolutely no regrets about my decision to travel to Denver. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not they should take this leap, I would say they should check out the Revive website. It is very informative about their treatment and different conditions that affect the brain (ie hormones and nutrition). If they have further questions, call Revive! They are here to help, and really care about giving you the tools to heal. It’s a big, life-changing decision, but I will never look back!”
– Kristin C.
“The treatment, the love, the care, the therapists, the therapy, the infusions, the education all lead to a more joyful, happier, brain fog free, mentally healthier me! My old self is coming back!
Thank you Revive, Wheat Ridge CO!”
– Alicia K.
“Revive Treatment Center saved my life! Period. End of story! This was the second brain treatment center I have been to. Before going to Revive, I stayed in the hospital for 25 days with no hope or cure. The only thing I left with from the hospital was 37 different medications that didn’t help at all.
When I had the pleasure of being introduced to the wonderful doctors from Revive Treatment Center, it was literally minutes before they were able to start identifying some of my issues. Later, these issues were proven by multiple different test that they performed. I was seen by the best ENT in Texas and was told nothing was wrong with me. Further testing later proved that not to be true. When I first met the doctors, I was in a wheelchair and had a severe case of dizziness that left my total body impaired. Going through their treatment program, and following their advice, brought me to a whole new state of health. Now I’m off all 37 medications, and have been since the beginning of my treatment at Revive and am only taking three vitamins, that help me more than any other medication I’ve ever taken. I’m also no longer in a wheelchair, and am healthier than I’ve ever been.
I can’t thank the staff and doctors at Revive enough!! I have my life back, and more importantly my wife and kids have their husband and daddy back. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!”
– Nick P.
“Revive has forever changed our family’s lives. Both my son and I have recently gone through customized 10-day programs for different concerns.
My son was seen for a traumatic brain injury that occurred more than two years prior. After seeing over 22 physicians, neurologists, therapists and other specialists, there was very little improvement. While at Revive we learned he had mold toxicity, which led to leaky gut and a downward spiral in becoming immunocompromised…all of which had impeded his healing. Prior to our visit he suffered from headaches and nausea that worsened with movement, loud sounds or concentrating. He’s been unable to successfully participate in school for 2 years. We felt hopeless, exhausted, and at the end of our rope.
Fifteen years ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and had a string of acute and chronic illnesses. Just before heading to Denver I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. I thought feeling tired and worn out all the time was normal. During my visit we discovered my thyroid issues were likely also caused by mold toxicity, leaky gut and a compromised immune system.
After one week of treatment my husband said, “I feel like I’m getting my wife back!” Since our visit, my long-time brain fog is clearing and fatigue diminishing. Even better, we’re seeing my son’s personality coming back to life with more smiles and laughter than we’ve seen in two years. He notices reduced headaches, improved sleep, increased stamina and most importantly…hope.
Finding Revive Treatment Centers has been an answer to years of prayers and a tremendous blessing. These people are some of the most brilliant and compassionate physicians, nurses, therapists and staff we’ve ever met. They are researchers, problem solvers, deep thinkers, and listeners. Having this group on your “team” is a total game changer. We are so grateful! Much love to all of you!”
– Caroline S.
“Very helpful with my healing from a TBI. Solid doctors with a very different and well rounded approach to healing the whole person in order to benefit the brain. I would highly recommend anyone that has had any form of brain trauma see them.”
– Nick K.
“Very good knowledgeable Doctors and staff. Highly recommend for any neurological issues.”
– Kacie G.
I have had 14 concussions and dozens of seizures. Revive Treatment Centers have helped me immensely! Before I went, I couldn’t stand or walk for more than 15 minutes without getting super sick and having to lay in bed for hours to days. Now, I am able to get through an entire day of errands. I started driving again. And, I feel like I am getting my life and independence back! I still have a lot of work to do on my journey of health and healing. But I finally have the resources, answers, and team behind me to be able to do so! Not only did they treat me while I was there, but they also set up a 3 month program designed specifically for me. I am also in contact with them constantly. They also focus on treating the entire body. We did numerous test, including genetic test, and found a bunch of answers and reasons why I was struggling with what I was.
Revive is the real deal! Most concussion centers only have one or two treatments. I did over 16 different treatments every single day while I was there. This treatment was life changing! I could not recommend Revive enough!
Research On Our Treatments
- Enhancing memory performance with rTMS in healthy subjects and individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment: the role of the right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex
- Non-invasive Brain Stimulation in the Treatment of Post-stroke and Neurodegenerative Aphasia: Parallels, Differences, and Lessons Learned
- The treatment of fatigue by non-invasive brain stimulation.Role of the Human Medial Frontal Cortex in Task Switching: A Combined fMRI and TMS Study
- Cerebellum-mediated trainability of eye and head movements for dynamic gazing with rTMS.
- Transient Storage of a Tactile Memory Trace in Primary Somatosensory Cortex
- Effects of Low Frequency Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) on Gamma Frequency Oscillations and Event-Related Potentials During Processing of Illusory Figures in Autism
- Low-Frequency Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) Affects Event-Related Potential Measures of Novelty Processing in Autism
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation provides means to assess cortical plasticity and excitability in humans with fragile X syndrome and autism spectrum disorder
- Adults with cerebral palsy: a workshop to define the challenges of treating and preventing secondary musculoskeletal and neuromuscular complications in this rapidly growing population
- rTMS: Updates in the Treatment of Spasticity Associated With Cerebral Palsy
- Interhemispheric Balance in Parkinson’s Disease: A Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Study
- Cognitive Training and Noninvasive Brain Stimulation for Cognition in Parkinson’s Disease: A Meta-analysis
- Effectiveness of high-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with depression and Parkinson’s disease: a meta-analysis of randomized, controlled clinical trials
- Using non-invasive transcranial stimulation to improve motor and cognitive function in Parkinson’s disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Follow up study: The influence of rTMS with high and low frequency stimulation on motor and executive function in Parkinson’s disease.
- Repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation combined with cognitive training for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease with Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combined with Cognitive Training: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study.
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation as an Alternative Therapy for Cognitive Impairment in Alzheimer’s Disease: A Meta-Analysis
- Effects of noninvasive brain stimulation on cognitive function in healthy aging and Alzheimer’s disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Modulation of a brain-behavior relationship in verbal working memory by rTMS
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is the medical use of oxygen in a pressurized environment, at a level higher than 1 atmosphere absolute (ATA). Increased pressure allows for oxygen to dissolve and saturate the blood plasma (independent of hemoglobin/red blood cells), which yields a broad variety of positive physiological, biochemical and cellular effects. This noninvasive therapy is the most trusted way to increase oxygen levels to all organs of the body. The typical treatment lasts for 60-90 minutes, during which the patient lies down and breathes normally. HBOT has been demonstrated in several clinical studies to enhance the body’s innate ability to repair and regenerate. It is used as an adjunct therapy to complement and enhance the healing process in both chronic and acute conditions.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) has been shown to increase oxygen saturation to tissues and increase the amount of stem cell production and circulation. This allows for the greatest potential for healing in the brain.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for brain injury, cerebral palsy, and stroke.
- Hyperbaric oxygen – its mechanisms and efficacy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy may improve symptoms in autistic children
- Randomized trial of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for children with autism
- Study the effect of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in Egyptian autistic children: A clinical trial
- Neuroprotective effect of combined therapy with hyperbaric oxygen and madopar on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced Parkinson’s disease in rats
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Pretreatment Improves Cognition and Reduces Hippocampal Damage Via p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase in a Rat Model
- Hyperbaric Oxygen and Ginkgo Biloba Extract Ameliorate Cognitive and Memory Impairment via Nuclear Factor Kappa-B Pathway in Rat Model of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for multiple sclerosis.
- Regional gray matter atrophy and neuropsychologcal problems in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
We utilize Electrical Stimulation (E-stim) in many different waveforms to increase strength, increase self-awareness, decrease spasticity, and active brainstem neurons.
AL-TENS is a form of hyperstimulation described by Sjölund and colleagues in the 1970s. The intention of AL-TENS is to stimulate small diameter, high threshold peripheral afferents (A-delta) in order to activate extrasegmental descending pain inhibitory pathways. Non-painful muscle twitches occur during stimulation causing activity in small diameter muscle afferents. Electrodes are positioned over myotomes, trigger points, and acupuncture points. The term AL-TENS is used loosely in literature making the synthesis of research findings difficult.
In effect, the ReBuilder acts like a pacemaker works for your heart’s electrical signals. If the pacemaker does not send exactly the right signal, then the four chambers of the heart may not pump in the right order and if the signal is too fast or too slow, the heart stops. So, too, the ReBuilder’s precisely controlled waveform coaxes your nerves to transmit their signals in the proper order. Although designated as a TENS relative to the FDA’s regulations, the ReBuilder’s signals are vastly more controlled and precise.
The ReBuilder is typically used on patients as a neurological intervention to help with cortical remapping. If the brain is unsure of where the feet are in space after a stroke or other biomechanical event, the ReBuilder can help strengthen those signaling pathways. Additionally, vagal stimulation or gait protocols may be used for similar reasons.
- Clinical Use of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation for Children With Cerebral Palsy, Part 1: Lower Extremity
- THE USE OF THERAPEUTIC ELECTRICAL STIMULATION IN THE TREATMENT OF HEMIPLEGIC CEREBRAL PALSY
- Effect of Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation during Gait in Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Action mechanisms of transcranial direct current stimulation in Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss.
- Temporal cortex direct current stimulation enhances performance on a visual recognition memory task in Alzheimer disease.
- Non-invasive neuromodulation to improve gait in chronic multiple sclerosis: a randomized double blind controlled pilot trial
- Transcutaneous Vagal Nerve Stimulation (tVNS): a new neuromodulation tool in healthy humans?
- Working memory improvement with non-invasive brain stimulation of the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Effects of functional electrical stimulation on gait in people with multiple sclerosis – A systematic review.
- Management of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis using functional electrical stimulation and exercise.
- Effects of functional electrical stimulation on gait in people with multiple sclerosis – A systematic review.
- A Multimodal, Nonpharmacologic Intervention Improves Mood and Cognitive Function in People with Multiple Sclerosis.
- The effects of vagus nerve stimulation therapy in patients with intractable seizures and either Landau–Kleffner syndrome or autism
- Transcranial infrared laser stimulation produces beneficial cognitive and emotional effects in humans
- Treating cognitive impairment with transcranial low-level laser therapy
- Cognitive enhancement by transcranial laser stimulation and acute aerobic exercise
- Role of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Neurorehabilitation
Vestibular/Rotational Therapy is a very powerful tool in the world of neurological rehabilitation. When we look at brain development we see that movement drive brain growth and one of the most important areas for sensing movement is the vestibular system. When we utilize rotational therapy to active the vestibular system we see an increase in activating in several cortical regions. Our multi-axis rotational device (GyroStim) utilizes the otolithic and vestibular system to stimulate and strengthen projections throughout the brain. By utilizing a controlled directional spin in our multi-axis rotational device, we can activate specific regions of the brain in order to affect a variety of different disorders.
At lower levels of motion intensity, the multi-axis rotational device is used by those recovering from physical and cognitive dysfunction as a result of a concussion, traumatic brain injury, PTSD, autism, aging, and other conditions. At higher levels of intensity, GyroStim is used by active individuals, athletes, and others with fast-paced, demanding, high-stress lifestyles to maintain and enhance peak performance.
- Functional brain imaging of peripheral and central vestibular disorders
- Studies of caloric vestibular stimulation: implications for the cognitive neurosciences, the clinical neurosciences, andneurophilosophy
- Effects of vestibular and cerebellar deficits on gaze and torso stability during ambulation
- Vestibular stimulation influence on motor development in infants
- Effects of vestibular stimulation on motor development and stereotyped behavior of developmentally delayed children
- Effects of Vestibular Stimulation on Motor Development of Cerebral-palsied Children
- The influence of rotational exercises on freezing in Parkinson’s disease
- Gaze and viewing angle influence visual stabilization of upright posture.
- Vestibular stimulation influence on motor development in infants
Out of network for insurance coverage? No problem.
Our passion is helping those with brain injuries restore quality of life, so we are happy to accept CareCredit, which allows many of our patients to take advantage of a no-interest payment plan.