Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been shown to increase oxygen saturation to tissues and increase the amount of stem cell production and circulation. Due to this fact, HBOT is utilized to increase oxygenation, which helps to promote healing and increase neurological stamina. This, therefore, allows for the greatest potential for healing in the brain.
What Is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is the medical use of oxygen in a pressurized environment, and is done at a level higher than 1 atmosphere absolute (ATA). First, the increased pressure allows for oxygen to dissolve. When it does this, the oxygen saturates the blood plasma at a higher concentration than normal. Therefore, the body’s oxygen levels increase to optimize healing and function.
The combination of increased pressure and high oxygen levels increases the amount of oxygen carried in a person’s blood. This, therefore, increases the amount of oxygen being delivered to the brain and begins energizing the central nervous system. More oxygen in the brain leads to a broad variety of positive physiological, biochemical, and cellular effects for our patients.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Benefits
Clinicians trust this noninvasive therapy as the safest, most reliable way to increase oxygen levels to the brain and all organs of the body. Furthermore, several clinical studies have demonstrated HBOT’s ability to safely enhance the body’s innate ability to repair and regenerate. For this reason, it can be used in both chronic and acute conditions.
As a result of its safety and efficacy, Revive’s clinicians use HBOT as an adjunct therapy to complement and enhance the healing process after a brain injury. Increased oxygen saturation proves extremely beneficial when recovering from a traumatic brain injury or stroke. Higher levels of oxygen allow our neurological therapies to have profound effects and lasting results.
The typical treatment lasts for 60 minutes at full pressure, and while some clinics go to higher pressure, we use a pressure of 1.3atm. This, above all, ensures safety and healing for all of our patients. During a hyperbaric session, patients enter the chamber and can choose to read, listen to music, or meditate for the duration. They wear a non-rebreather mask connected to an oxygen concentrator, hence feeding their body with oxygen.
Where Can I Get Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Here at Revive in Denver, Colorado, we service patients from all over the world while they are here for treatment. We also provide hyperbaric oxygen services for our local communities in greater Denver, Boulder, Aspen, and Vail. Contact us today to schedule your appointment, because HBOT continues to provide immense healing through oxygenation.
Conditions That Benefit From HBOT Therapy:
– Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
– Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS)
– Developmental Delays
HBOT facilities use either soft-shell or hard-shell hyperbaric chambers, but both work effectively. We only pressurize to 1.3atm, because this is the level used in all of the clinical research. Therefore, we use soft-shell chambers here at Revive for our HBOT treatments.
HBOT In Clinical Research
- HBOT for brain injury, cerebral palsy, and stroke.
- Hyperbaric oxygen – its mechanisms and efficacy
- HBOT may improve symptoms in autistic children
- Randomized trial of HBOT for children with autism
- Study the effect of HBOT in Egyptian autistic children: A clinical trial
- Neuroprotective effect of combined therapy with hyperbaric oxygen on 6-hydroxydopamine-induced Parkinson’s disease in rats
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Pretreatment Improves Cognition and Reduces Hippocampal Damage Via p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase in a Rat Model
- Hyperbaric Oxygen and Ginkgo Biloba Extract Ameliorate Cognitive and Memory Impairment via Nuclear Factor Kappa-B Pathway in Rat Model of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- HBOT for multiple sclerosis.
- Regional gray matter atrophy and neuropsychologcal problems in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis.
Out of network for insurance coverage?
Our passion is helping those with brain injuries restore quality of life, so we are happy to accept CareCredit, which allows many of our patients to take advantage of a no-interest payment plan.